21 September 2010
Following on from Rafael Van Der Vaart’s revelation that Spurs were a bigger club than Arsenal, Steve Bruce provided us with this piece of insight in the run up to the Carling Cup 3rd Round:
“We’ve got a home tie against Premier League opposition – we want to try and get through to the next round, it’s as simple as that. We are capable of winning the trophy. We can win five or six games; any team in the Premier League can do that.”
Woah! hold your horses there Steve – Sunderland win five or six games…Thankfully this delusion was brought to a prompt end when a full strength Sunderland side suffered a 2-1 defeat against bottom of the league West Ham.
Join Our Network
- Tactical analysis: Stoke 1 Newcastle 3 in 5 key points posted on November 1, 2011 |
- NomadTrader #1 – Tal Ben Haim posted on October 23, 2010 |
- Tactical analysis: Bolton 0 Newcastle 2 in 5 key points posted on December 27, 2011 |
- Has Captain Cabaye Failed His Audition? posted on May 16, 2013 |
- Adding Insult to Injuries posted on May 1, 2013 |
Before betting on Newcastle get bookmakers free bets and betting offers.